The Research Grants Committee, through the Office of the Vice President for Research, accepts proposals for Research grants each year for full-time tenured, tenured track, and clinical UA faculty. Applicants may request funding up to $6,000. The deadline for submissions is January 31 of each year. Awards are announced in early April each year.
To view current Research Grants Committee members, click here.
RGC Application, Award and Final Report Procedures
Details of the procedures, priorities and restrictions used by the Research Grants Committee in awarding research funds are detailed in the Research Manual/Application Instructions. Upon receipt of an award, the successful applicant must sign and return the RGC Award Recipient Conditions to the Office for Sponsored Programs.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Research Manual/Application Instructions
- Application Form
- RGC Training Presentation
- RGC Award Recipient Conditions
- Final Report Instructions
- Register to attend an RGC training on either November 11 from 3:30-5:00 p.m., November 19th or December 4th, 2013 from 3:00-4:30 p.m. **Log in using your myBama email address (mybama user name plus @bama.ua.edu) and CWID
** Click here to view the 2013 RGC Awardees
RGC Funding Priorities
- The RGC will give highest priority to proposals from non-tenured, tenure-track faculty who are currently unfunded with external (non-UA) awards and will award funding to those proposals deemed meritorious.
- The second highest priority is for non-tenured faculty with significant research funding unrelated to the research proposed in the RGC application.
- Tenured faculty with established records of productivity, who are currently unfunded and proposing to restart their funding or exploring a new direction in their research area. Tenured faculty should explain within the text of the proposal why the project for which they are requesting funds is needed to continue research in a previously funded area or how the proposal represents a new direction within the overall theme of their research area and how they envision future development of this new direction. A portion of the total funds allocated for RGC awards will be designated for tenured faculty.
For more information, please contact Angie Shotts at 348-8070, firstname.lastname@example.org