Writing a Successful Proposal
Grant Writing and Editing Tips
- Proposal Writing Resources
- NIH-NINDS How to Write a Research Project Grant Application
- Avoiding Plagiarism
- Turnitin Access for UA Faculty
- The Chronicle of Higher Education on Plagiarism
NIH Proposal Preparation
- Common Mistakes in NIH Grant Applications (NINDS)
- NIH Peer Review Process Revealed
- How to Write a Research Project Grant Application
NSF Proposal Preparation
- NSF Presentations from Recent Events
- Data Management Plan
- Top 10 Tips on How to get Funding
- NSF Merit Review
Interacting with Agency Representatives
- Meeting with an Agency Representative – Tips for Success (Presentation) (Executive Summary)
- Can We Talk? Contacting Grant Program Officers Video Presentation - Vendor purchased material, please contact Sydney Hixon for access.
- Can We Talk? Contacting Grant Program Officers Slide Handouts - UA-NET account required, please contact Sydney Hixon if you are unable to view this document.
- Contact Grant Program Offices for Proposal Success Executive Report -UA-NET account required, please contact Sydney Hixon if you are unable to view this document.
Request for Travel
The Office of the Vice President for Research offers funds to assist faculty with expenses related to travel to agency offices to meet program officers and managers and discuss potential proposals. A Request for Travel form must be submitted and approved by the Vice President for Research prior to the visit to the agency. Click here to access the Request for Travel Form.
The Proposal Archive provides proposal examples from University of Alabama faculty who have agreed to share their awarded proposals with their university colleagues. Please contact Sydney Palmer if you are interested in gaining access to the archive or if you are a Faculty member interested in adding your awarded proposal, or proposal components, to the archive.